Friday, February 3, 2012

Kuna's Pack 106 holds its annual Pinewood Derby


Have I said how much I love Scouting? I'm the assistant Cubmaster for Pack 106, Kuna's only community Cub Scout Pack. My older son, Luke, is a Webelos, now in his third year in Scouting. I've been his den leader the past three years.
More than 50 members of Pack 106 participated in this year’s Pinewood Derby on Friday, Jan. 27, at the 4th Street Gym. The overall winners were Jaiden Van Tassell (first), Garrett Black (second) and Alex Wechselberger (third). Marv Flavel of Kuna volunteered his time and racetrack and took charge of the scoring system. If you are interested in learning more about Kuna’s only community pack, contact cubmaster Brendan Brazee at 908-2976 or me at 921-5520.
The photo above shows the final overall racers in the derby.

1 comment:

slfisher said...

What is a "community Cub Scout pack"? As opposed to what?