For the past three months, the Kuna Melba News has been quietly publishing The Melba Herald, a new monthly newspaper devoted entirely to Melba. In April and May, The Melba Herald was just a four-page section with no advertisers. I am happy to report that the June issue is full of local Melba-specific advertisers in a chock-full 8-page section.
The June issue is a good one, if I do say so myself, namely because it's the annual graduation section, containing coverage of Melba's graduation ceremony, stories about Melba's top students and a full page devoted to the photos and names of every graduate.
It also contains several stories submitted by Melba students, the Melba senior column and an editorial by Madge Wylie on "What ever happened to Memorial Day?"
I'm excited about the future of this publication. In the future, our plan is to add more independent coverage of City Council and School Board.
But this start wouldn't be possible without the advertisers. Because this is a free publication to Melba residents, advertiser dollars support this publication. So, in turn, dear reader, you are asked to support the businesses advertising in The Melba Herald:
• Melba Valley Market (great deals listed of 25 to 50 percent off).
• Maggie Motors
• J&M Sanitation.
• Initial Pointe Real Estate.
• Cook's Two Hole Bar & Grill: Their ad says it all: Food - Pool - Darts - Cold Beer. What more could you want?
• Melba Laundry
• Knead Relief Pain & Injury Massage Therapy.
• Boise Foundry & Machine (They did the bronze plaque that's on the Edward Jones building in Kuna)
• Pioneer Electric.
The other big news about the June issue is that it's now available online, for free, at www.kunamelba.com. Check it out.