A firm has approached the city with an interest in bidding for the city’s prosecutorial services, according to Kuna Mayor Scott Dowdy.
Currently, the city contracts with the Ada County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office to prosecute cases that occur within Kuna city limits. The contract amount for 2010-11 was $49,209.
Kuna City Council members are tentatively scheduled to hear from the Ada County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office about next year’s contract on Tuesday, June 21, during the regular City Council meeting.
The city is getting ready to prepare next year’s budget, which must be certified by Sept. 8. The city’s fiscal year begins Oct. 1.
City Treasurer John Marsh has tentatively scheduled to following budget hearings:
• Monday, June 20, 5:30 p.m.: general fund revenue forecasts, solid waste fund revenue.
• Tuesday, June 21, 7 p.m.: Ada County Sheriff’s contract, Ada County Prosecuting Attorney’s contract.
• Monday, June 27, 5:30 p.m.: general fund labor and benefits; general fund operating expenses; solid waste fund expenses; latecomers fund; well mitigation fund.
• Monday, July 11, 5:30 p.m.: water fund, sewer fund, LID fund, irrigation fund, grant fund, City Council approval of tentative budget.
• Tuesday, Aug. 2, 7 p.m.: Budget public hearing, with final approval.