Monday, April 11, 2011

Kuna teacher negotiation meeting happening today at 4 p.m.

I have often said that I consider myself a little strange because I like going to City Council meetings and school board meetings. I like reading budgets and calculating taxes.
So it may come as no surprise that I'm excited about a new meeting that I'm able to attend.
And this is somewhat of a historic occasion. Today at 4 p.m., the Kuna school district will be having a negotiations meeting with the Kuna teachers union at the district office at 711 E. Porter Road.
The reason this is somewhat historic is because open negotiation meetings is part of the recent education reform legislation passed by the state Legislature this year. Among many pieces and parts of this legislation, the open meetings clause jumped right out at me.
I think it will be interesting to see what goes on in these meetings and how a new contract is arrived at each year. Of course, the public is welcome to attend. See you there.

No comments: