Sunday, July 31, 2011
Kuna Performing Arts Center has a great lineup for the season
The one I'm most looking forward to is the Christmas concert from Meridian Symphony Orchestra.
The Kuna Performing Arts Center Events Council has put together a lineup of events for the coming year.
• Saturday, Aug. 27: Summer Showcase. Local singer/songwriter MacKayla Hunter and Marcus Eaton will be among the performers at this year’s Summer Showcase at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 27, at the Kuna Performing Arts Center. This year’s showcase will be a benefit show for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as a senior project being organized by Julia Durrant. Amy Davis of the JDRF is mentoring Durrant, and the KPAC Events Council is assisting with promotion. The show will be a semi-formal event. Patrons are invited to make it a special evening and dress up for the concert.
• Thursday, Sept. 22: Ada County Commissioner Vern Bisterfeldt will be a guest lecturer at 7 p.m. This will be a free event. In addition to sharing experiences from his more than 50 years of public service, Bisterfeldt is looking forward to discussing common sense principles on how a vibrant community is built and thrives. Bisterfeldt is a great story teller and lessons learned from his life experiences will surely prove valuable to listeners. He’s known for his non-nonsense attitude and common sense approach to government and life.
• Wednesday, Oct. 19: Bar J Wranglers, 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. This will be a reserved seating event with tickets only available for purchase online at www.kunaperformingartscenter.org. Tickets range in price from $15 - $25 and will be available online beginning this Friday, July 15.
• Friday, Dec. 2: The Meridian Symphony Orchestra will perform its popular Christmas Show. Tickets will be $10 and sold through MSO and local Bank of the Cascades branches.
• Saturday, March 10: John Adams will bring his Tribute to John Denver to Kuna. John Adams has committed himself to keeping Denver’s music alive and will continue John’s musical legacy as long as he is able to sing and perform it. John Adams, living in Silverthorne, Colo., brings you the opportunity to listen to many of John Denver’s songs live, like Sunshine On My Shoulders, Calypso, Take Me Home, Country Roads, Annie’s Song, and of course his signature song, Rocky Mountain High. Join John Adams and his band for a magical musical journey through the songs and stories of Rocky Mountain Legend: John Denver.