Thursday, February 4, 2010

Streak of attending consecutive Kuna City Council meetings comes to an end

All good things must come to an end. On Tuesday night, I missed the Kuna City Council meeting. This was the first Kuna City Council meeting I've missed since Oct. 3, 2006. The longer my streak lasted, the harder it was to miss a meeting. But this Tuesday, I was just overwhelmed. In addition to just trying to get a newspaper out, I had an interview with Mel and Brenda Coulter, the Kuna parents of Charisa Coulter, who's in a Haiti jail on child trafficking charges. Before heading over there, though, I got word there was a double-fatal house fire in Melba, which I drove down to and covered for this week's issue. So by 5 p.m., I still had to finish the paper, edit photos from the Melba fire and write two stories. Needless to say, I was not going to City Council that night. I felt a twinge of something around 7:30 p.m., knowing council members were meeting without me. I guess I'll just start over again and see if I can break my first record.

No comments: